Wednesday, January 18, 2017

My review of Time War by Amanda Kay

(YA 15+) Time War(YA 15+) Time War by Amanda Kay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book by Amanda Kay I have read. I really enjoyed the book. I don't read a whole lot of YA books but I did like this one. In this book Willow is forced to move right before starting high school because her father got a new job. She finds a journal under a loose floor board in her room. After reading the first entry she finds herself back in 1958 and she talks to a boy named Keagan while she is there. When she wakes she isn't sure if she dreamed the whole thing or if she really time traveled. The easy answer is to look at the next entry in the journal. So she does and finds the boy wrote about her. This one thing changes her whole life. People will think she is crazy if they find out; and where is the boy now. She continues to read the journal and time travel slowly falling in love with him. Then things get really interesting when she sees a boy at school who looks just like Keagan and even has the same initials as him. Things start to change and Willow has some choices to make. Does she continue to visit Keagan in the past knowing they can't really have a relationship no matter how much they love each other or does she take a chance on KJ who she can really have something with. This book is very emotional at times and takes on several topics. Mostly family topics. Like how one choice can affect the lives of many and how future generations continue with the feelings even know they don't know the whole story. I recommend this book and look forward to reading more books by Amanda Kay in the future.

I was given this book in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment